SOLAS SHIELD
Home About Benefits Functions Sectors Solas Shield Products
 Positive Protection Providing Persistent Prevention 24/7-365 
TiO2 Photocatalytic Oxidation Technology

Food Production, Packing, Presentation & Storage

Never in the full and varied history of the farming & food industry - has such a golden opportunity for Breeders, Growers ever been available! It is also ideal for Hydroponics rooms and also suitable for Veterinarian Centres and Water Treatment/Recovery Facilities...even for animal water & feeding troughs!

The global population exceeded seven billion people during 2011 and is predicted to reach 9.3bn by 2050, with a projected increased food demand of 50-70%.

Against this backdrop of rising demand, 868 million people are chronically under-nourished, equating to one in eight people worldwide. At the same time, it is estimated that over one third of all food produced globally for human consumption goes to waste. In the UK, 5.6 million people live in deep poverty, where basic food provision is a daily challenge; yet at the same time, 15 million tonnes of food is wasted annually, with nearly half discarded within UK households. Therefore, reducing the scale of losses and waste throughout the entire food system is a crucial step towards improving global food security.”       Source: http://www.foodsecurity.ac.uk/



According to the Food & Agriculture Organisation (FAO) More than half (54%) of the world's food wastage occurs 'upstream' during production, post-harvest handling and storage, according to FAO's study. The rest (46%) happens 'downstream', at the processing, distribution and consumption stages.


Airborne contamination control is the next frontier in food production and processing safety, With a TiO2 PCO air purifying systems, food producers and processors now have a viable way to ensure that the air where they produce and process the foods that we eat is free of airborne bacteria, fungi and other pathogens.

Suggested Applications...

 Benefits

Easy of application, minimum disruption and low maintenance


From Farm to Fork